Glo Mobile, a subsidiary of Globacom, is Nigeria’s second-largest Mobile Network Operator. In the first year of operation, it had one million subscribers in over 87 towns in Nigeria and over 120 billion Naira in revenues. Glo Mobile has now spread to other African countries, namely Benin and Ghana. Glo Mobile’s subscriber base in Nigeria stood at over 45 million by December 2018.
GLO has over 45 million subscribers (December 2018), making it the second-largest network operator in Nigeria.
In 2011, GLO became the first telecommunication company to build an $800 million high-capacity fiber-optic cables known as Glo-1, a submarine cable from the United Kingdom to Nigeria. It is the first successful submarine cable from the United Kingdom to Nigeria.
HOW TO SEND FREE MESSAGE IN GLO NETWORK?
Have you ever had problems with account limits or lack of sufficient balance on your mobile network? What if you need to call somebody urgently and are out of airtime? GLO gives you the perfect answer for how to do that! Check out our simple tips on how to send call me back on GLO.
The free SMS sending in Glo involves dialing of a USSD code. The good thing about the Glo free message sending is that is free. The bad or fair
Globacom is that you can not type your own message, it has been programmed to send one message across
1)If you want to give somebody a message that says ‘please call me back’,
2) Go to your dialer app and simply dial *125* The number of the recipient#. It’s pretty easy. For example *125*08116441198#
3) Then the person will receive the message like this
QUESTIONS PEOPEL ALWAYS ASK
1) Is this free SMS totally free?
Yes. It doesn’t require any airtime.
2) Will the message take time before the person will receive it?
No, it doesn’t take time
3) Can I send a message to a number that is not Glo number?
No, it works for only Glo to Glo numbers.
4) The free SMS is it limited to a number of messages I can send?
It is unlimited.